Starting from Square One
If you just started your business, or if you just launched your website, you probably don’t have an email list to send to. So what do you do?
Ways To Grow Your Opt-In List:
- Place your email newsletter signup form on your home page (562 Graphix offers a signup form that will be placed on your website).
- Link to your signup form from every page of your website (you might add a link to your footer, or side navigation).
- Place a link to your email signup form in your email signature (ask everyone in your company to do it too)
- Add the link to your signup form in all the invoices your company sends
- Offer free giveaways to one lucky subscriber (it can be a company t-shirt, or something kooky, like a 20 pound box of banana candy).
- Post free whitepapers or helpful articles on your site. They’ll get downloaded like crazy, if you just offer them for free, and with no registration. Inside your whitepaper, place your own “full page ad” to your newsletter.
- Send out personal, one-to-one emails to all your clients, and ask them to please signup to your newsletter.
- In your “Contact Us” form on your website, add a checkbox to “signup for our newsletter”
- Add an “opt-in for our newsletter” checkbox in your e-commerce checkout page.