Google Plus One (+1) button is similar to “like” button of Facebook or “Follow” button of Twitter. It’s used to recommend content to others.
- Sharing Content: Google +1 is used to share content you like with others. If you have a website or blog, then implement Google +1 on your page so that visitors can click on it to show their likes.
- Google +1 Multiple Times on a Page: Facebook’s like and Twitter’s “Follow” can be added to your content page only once. But Google +1 can be added to your page multiple times at the positions you desire. When it exists at multiple places, it induces the reader to click on it at least once thereby increasing the votes.
- Google +1 gets more traffic to your Page: When you press Google +1 button, your content will be visible publicly in your profile. Your friends get a chance to read the content and click on Google +1 button. By this way, it brings more traffic to your blog or website content.
- Google +1 offers SEO Benefits: SEO benefits are unique to Google +1 and it is not available with Facebook or Twitter. All logged in Google Users will see +1 button near to each Google search result in Google Search Engine. The user can click on it if the result is relevant and content is good. Also the page containing highest +1 value will have better ranking in Google Search Results.
- Google +1 for Ads: Google +1 button is present near the ads displayed in Google Page. Based on the +1 value, its relevance and existence will be decided by Google.